Monday, August 13, 2007

Of Dogs and Men

The last three days at my house have involved the following:

Saturday - a trip to the vet for our beloved Shepard mix Austin. He has been throwing up randomly for the last six weeks. Finally I was able to get him to the vet. Two hundred dollars later he feels much, much better. As do I, we just had our carpets cleaned and he tends to leave a lot of stains.

It was sad though - Jax, the puppy, was so sad the two hours Austin was gone all he could do was cry. It was the cutest/saddest thing I have ever seen. The rest of Saturday and all of Sunday was spent running around spending money we don't have on Mr. Sparky's patrol academy. That man is becoming VERY expensive!! But I got a very cute new bed set out of it, so I guess it's ok.

So I bet you thought the throwing up had ended, right? Me too. Unfortunately this is not the case. After I got home, I got a call from Mr. Sparky saying he was on his way home and every muscle in his body hurt(basically started boot camp today). He came home, laid down on the bathroom floor and made crude comments about me breasts as I undressed him. PIG! I liked it though. Threw him in the shower and made dinner. After eating two bites of food (this is very unusual, he has the appetite of a 15 yr old boy) he fell asleep on the couch. An hour later, the poor thing is in the bathroom throwing everything up. I swear, it was everything he has eaten in the last 48 hours. I really wasn't much help either. My motto - if you didn't come from by body, I do NOT want to see, smell or hear the throwing up. And since Mr. Sparky did not come from my body, ewwwww.

He's now in bed, burning up. I don't think it's the flu - no temp, but he CANNOT miss a single minute of academy. And I'm not exaggerating. The only time they have made an exception is for a friend of ours who was almost done with the academy and got sent to Afghanistan. So I beg of you Internet, pray like you have never prayed before that this is just dehydration and not anything serious.

That's what I'm gonna do.

No comments: