Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Business, or Busy-ness, or Busi-ness? Maybe?

Goodness, it's been awhile! I cannot believe how ridiculously busy I have been. Mr. Sparky's academy is kicking our butts, and his ankles! Saturday I spent the day in Phoenix at a baby shower and drove home that afternoon.



By the time I got home (6ish) his ankle was the size of a softball. So, off to the ER we go. Good news - no broken bones(my biggest worry was stress fracture), bad news - VERY.BAD.SPRAIN. NO physical activity for at least a week. People, he is in POLICE ACADEMY, where they run 12 miles a week! and get kicked out for injuries!! Luckily, his supervisors are being cool about it and are letting him rest. It's funny though, he has a splint on it and he can't get it into his boots. So he's wearing one boot and one tennis shoe with his uniform - very professional.



Last Tuesday I did my day 3 tests and heard back from favorite RN today. All looks fantastic and I am super fertile! That's kinda funny. So I asked her what's next, day 20 tests and if those look good another deposit from the Mr. will be required. I don't know how to tell him that. He is not fond of that procedure. It would be ok if we could do it at home, but we live more than 20 minutes from the ONLY lab in the county who can do the testing, so it's a bathroom right next to the check in counter for us!



I started working 50 hr weeks this week and will be until Christmas. A major project to finish and we need to money. It sucks, I'm tired, but it won't be forever. I can do anything for a few months as long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hmmm, that reminds me of that Third Day song - I'll find the lyrics, be right back....



Ok, that wasn't that hard. I love that song. It's such a good reminder that whatever we are going through, God is always going to get us through, there is always an end to the struggles. It may not be the end WE had hoped and prayed for, but the perfect ending God has already written. I love being a child of GOd, it is so refreshing to know that with all of the insanity of life, we can lay down in His hands and be comforted, knowing he will take care of us. The only problem I have with that, is He and I are not on the same time frame. Really must have a talk with him about that!



Anyway, that's a quickie, maybe more later. Ohh, I did find out I'm getting something pretty for our 3rd anniversary (Oct. 16). I tried to yell at him for buying me something when we don't have the money, but he said he wasn't buying it, it was coming from his mother - which means something sparkly!

3 comments:

Mrs Marcos said...

Sucks about the "deposit" thing. We just did the second test. Our clinic wants it there within one hour so we can do it at home, stick it in my bra, and drive to the clinic! WOOHOO what fun! Good luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you're killin' me...what was the Third Day song?

Anonymous said...

Oooookay, I'm officially a dork. I just realized you posted a link to the lyrics. That is a great song.