Monday, April 14, 2008

Gulp

I've been looking forward to my 10 year reunion since Mr. Sparky's in 06. I even laid out a plan to lose at least 20 lbs before. Just to at least "freshen up" a bit.

Does anyone know how to lose twenty pounds in 2 weeks?! That's right. Two weeks! I got in touch with an old friend the other day and she sent me the e-mail this morning! I'm so beside myself it's not even funny.

And then I'm wondering why I even care what these people think. It could possibly be the fact that I've known most of these people since kindergarten and I want to make a good impression. The last time I saw a group of girls (the popular kids) that I've known since forever I was terribly drunk and made an ass of myself. Lovely.

So this time I want to make a good impression. And I'm worried that Mr. Sparky won't have any fun. You see he's about as social as a, as a. See? I don't even know what to compare him to. Even with our small group that we've been in for OVER A YEAR he will still sit and be quiet. I'm afraid I'm going to be sitting with him all night so that he doesn't feel left out. Is that stupid? Should I even worry about that?

Gah. I don't know. I'm vacillating between calm and cool and freaking the &%*& out. I don't even know what I'm going to wear! This is NOT ENOUGH TIME! NOT ENOUGH TIME! NOT ENOUGH TIME! I really must discuss this with our class president when I see him on the 26th with my undone hair (not ENOUGH TIME to get into the hair dresser) and my non-reunion specific clothes (not ENOUGH TIME to go shopping for new clothes).

Sheesh.

1 comment:

Dooneybug said...

I hope you have fun! My class was too lazy to put on a 10 year reunion. Ah well, I wouldn't have been able to go anyway since I was so pregnant with Ladybug last year.