Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We've Been Outted, well actually ...

I outed us to my mother-in-law. We have not told Mr. Sparky's mom about any of our fertility issues. It's not that we don't want her to know, it's just easier that way. We were both afraid that she would constantly ask questions and offer us money, which she really doesn't have right now to be offering, and we just don't want to be in that position. It's not that she isn't generous, she is. She gave us the down payment for our first house (I miss that house something fierce - no back yard to take care of) and doesn't really expect it back. But at the same time, we don't want to take money from her for this reason. It's hard and complicated, but that is the nature of the creature known as MIL.

So I was over at Mel's yesterday and got really excited about what was going on. Go read, I'll give you a minute.

Done? Ok, good. Can you see why I was so excited? That would apply to us, we do not have coverage for anything above basic medications. So I sent the letter's off to my representatives and wrote an e-mail to everyone I could think of explaining everything and why it is so important. Of course, I added Mr. Sparky's mom and his grandparents to the list. So by the time I got home, I was freaking out about it and made him call her. I was afraid she would read the e-mail and get all pissy - she does that frequently.

And you know what? All was good. She wasn't mad we hadn't told her for over two years, and she was genuinely interested in what was going on. It blew my socks off. I made Mr. Sparky tell her since it is HIS mother and all, and he told what we were doing now and how if we need to move on to anything else it wouldn't be covered blah blah blah. Then her and I talked and she asked how I was doing and we moved onto a different topic and it wasn't as bad as I had feared. And I'm glad, because all my internal organs had taken up residence in my throat since about 3:30 yesterday afternoon. And it was quite cramped.

So, I don't' know where this leaves us with her and we will see how good she is at not pestering us about everything. And she is going to send the letters to the reps for AZ as well. Maybe, hopefully, we can get something accomplished. It would be good.

No comments: