Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Hate Qwest and Other Things

I've been sick. Sick, sick, sick. Today is the first day I have seen the outside. Or anything that isn't my couch. And I still feel like death warmed over. Maybe a little mushy too.

I hate Qwest and I'm not afraid to say it. Since we live in a "rural" area, Qwest is the only phone provider (unless you want digital phone or whatever it's called). So they have a nice little monopoly in the area. Which means we can't do squat. Every time it rains our phone line goes out. Which means no internet either since we are still living in the dark ages and have dial-up. Well, in case you haven't noticed (or live outside of AZ and don't really care, totally understandable) we have been getting pounded the last few days. So we have been without a phone since Thursday. It came back on this morning.

This has happened before and we scheduled a service call. Of course the phone started working again so we cancelled the call. Silly, silly people. This time they couldn't come out to see us until Saturday. And not the Saturday in January, no. The Saturday in February. And we are keeping the appointment because dammit, I'm tired of this happening.

Also I'm sick. Did I mention that? My goodness I haven't been this sick in a long time. And it's not like it's yucky sick (you know the type - both "ends" sick). I ache and am light headed and dizzy and tired. Oh so very tired. I was going to go to work yesterday but after taking a shower I decided I needed a nap. I was THAT tired. Not a good sign. So I didn't go into work. And I probably could have justifiably stayed home today, but I don't think I could handle another day on the couch watching television. And I LOVE TV. But we don't have cable and what's the point if I can only watch Judge Judy (have you seen Judge Alex?? I swear they only hired him because he looks like Ken. Even his hair is perfect!) and Montel. Sheesh.

On a lighter note - Mr. Sparky and I have decided that if the whole April baby thing doesn't work out we are taking the year off. No more OPK's, no more doing it because we have to, no more adoption talk. I'm burnt out. I want sex to be fun again. The way it was before it became a chore, before it was just to procreate.

It's not that we are going to prevent it. By no means are we going to do that. Just no more meds and no more dr's and yeah, no more stress. I already feel ten pounds lighter (and I've gained 3 thank you very much). So it is a good thing that we're taking a break. I miss my husband and I want to work on our relationship and have fun and do things and enjoy ourselves and get our finances on track.

I know I will miss peeing on a stick 4 to 7 days a month. I will, because it's been the routine for the last 2.5 years. But I will not miss feeling pressured to have sex or the anxiety the end of the cycle brings. Hello FREEDOM!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is true, qwest is the bottom of the barrel. They are famous for Early Termination Fees or EFT's which are being fought by consumers. Go this website for all the details and if they have screwed you too see if you can join the class action:

http://www.qwestetfcase.com/

They are rude and generally don't give a damn and I hope they lose this case big time. I told my Qwest business rep whilst arguing over an ETF about the case and that I was ready with a bottle of champagne to raise a grand toast when qwest lost the suit. According to him 'they fight these all the time' and never lose. Well, I will be watching it!

Qwest supposedly ha a 2 or 3 year contract when the 'statute of frauds' says that it needs to be signed to be a valid contract and, of course, qwest never ever gets a signature. Good luck qwest you are a bunch of bottomfeeders and I hope you lose!!!!

Christi said...

I also am going around the phone tree/transfer/call back loop with qwest.

Find it interesting that employees on here say they are mistreated by their supervisors, yet when you ask to speak to a supervisor, it is as if they don't exist.

Finally got a callback from a customer service supervisor after 6 days! I thought their call back time was 72 hours. She said they are behind on their call backs. Well no wonder, with the bad service and constant transfers, probably everyone wants a supervisor call back.

Get it together qwest!

No wonder most of your plans require a 3 year committment. It's the only way you have to keep customers for 3 years because it is certainly not your customer service abilities!!

I am so dissatisfied I called their corporate office and get this....... I had to leave a message on a machine! Are you kidding me!?!

This is a telcom and I can't even find an email address to contact the CEO or assistant or anyone on the board.

What a bummer! Believe me, if I wasn't committed with my contract I'd be gone. But in the mean time I'm going to keep calling writing and emailing tweeting blogging etc about my experiences with Qwest.

mlsh@live.com said...

Qwest has a strict policy on missing days, which makes sense, however be careful because even if you come to work sick and get sent home it counts against you. Oh ya and if you are at your last possible day to miss and they send you home or even call and ambulance to get you, you WILL be fired. This happened to me. I had over 100 hours of vacation time to use. I called in, in the morning to get the day off because I was up all night puking. They said there is no slots open and I would have to come in or it would be un excused. I went to work and from the moment I walked in I was in the bathroom puking. I almost passed out and could barely stand. My manager told me I had to have someone come pick me up or they would call an ambulance. So I had someone pick me up and I went immediately to the ER. Well before that day I had missed a day from falling on the ice and hurting my back. I have scoliosis and was in a lot of pain. I stayed all day at work but had to see the doctor and chiro the next day. Well when I called in that morning they had no time open for me to use so it counted against me. That put me on final warning. Now back to the ER. I was put on an IV because I was extremely dehydrated from being sick. Well I was told it is going to take a few days to be better and I again called the next morning and they wouldn't let me use my personal/vacation time. Well I ended up getting fired. Oh and when I applied for unemployment they fought it and I got denied. So now I'm in a big battle trying to get it going. Bad company. In today's economy a company should take care of their employees but with Qwest it comes down to the mighty dollar and thats it!